Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Steadfast Bridges


The links on the chain resemble the similarities shared between people of different times and cultures

Perseverance is a trait that uniquely shapes me. I believe that perseverance comes in many different forms, as do people in different shapes and sizes. Each one can call themselves their own person. Perseverance for me is the ability to succeed with no boundaries, yet still keeping in mind existing limits. I’m most persevering when it comes to self-set goals. Like Santiago, I too am aware that much lies beyond my bounds, but in the near future, if I believe, I can accomplish. Sometimes it is hard to grasp things, and as I cast them aside, they gradually build up. This is where I set things into proportion, forming an accurate picture in my head. The future offers plenty of opportunities for one, yet I think that my trait best suits that of an advocate – someone who reasons, is persistent yet not demanding, and full of ideas. Having caught up with the world, I am in the constant search for a memory filter to clear my mind of ‘information overload.’ Though constantly swarmed with ideas and facts, I am able to narrow down what I want into a clearly labeled category. I live process, order and matter, though can too live free. Perseverance is what tells me to keep moving forward, and a key contributing factor to forming my values. As I stride across steadfast bridges, I connect my way through the world, following a destiny I have carved out before me.

No comments: